Friday, June 01, 2007

Partnership with Google!



On this first day in June we are proud to celebrate a partnership with Google…Okay, so it’s more of an imagined partnership. However, the addition of 360-degree virtual tour photography to Google Earth is providing a great boost to IWP360's marketing department. Google’s mammoth effort to document street level images across the country with 360-degree virtual tours, further establishes vr photography in the main stream, which is just exactly where we like it.

Though the quality of the imagery falls short of...what’s the name of that virtual tour company out of Boston?...the concept is very cool, and the size of the effort is incredible. Here is the link to the video intro of Street View.

I’m off to hit softballs over a short porch in right. Have a great weekend.

3 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is pretty cool. Google keep making applications that make me say "I wish I would have though of that."

I will admit, the VR's aren't very good compared to what IWP360 is doing.

I read somewhere online that they are doing these with a car.

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Test Test said...

This technology is just amazing. It's still only in the big cities, but I think this will be a big move forward for integrating the web into people's day-to-day lives.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I found a link to Immersive Media's car they drive around. Here's the link...

http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/31/check-out-the-immersive-media-street-scanning-car/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home